March 30, 2006

Inspiration!

Although I have in the past subscribed to many quilt magazines, I stopped in order to save money.  Though I love to look through the magazines, I always wound up with a pile that did not have a single project in it that I wanted to make.  Now I still like to look at all the new magazines, but I won't buy one unless I've looked through it and there are at least a couple of projects that really catch my eye.



Apq_3 Yesterday at the grocery store, I saw the cover of the June 2006 American Patchwork and Quilting and bought the magazine immediately, without even glancing inside.  I just fell in love with the cover quilt and knew it was something I had to make.  It wasn't that big of a surprise to come home and discover the pattern was designed by Carrie Nelson, who is the artist behind Miss Rosie's Quilt Company - probably my favorite pattern designer.  I just love her scrappy designs.



Never has a project sent me so quickly digging into my stash!  I spent a big chunk of last night pulling out all my reds, blacks and creams/whites.  All of which I have a ton of, after making the 3 cherry-themed quilts a couple of years ago.



Ah - sweet inspiration!  I haven't had much time for quilting as work has been busy and I'm preparing things at home for us to leave on vacation.  I know I will miss my sewing machine and will be itching to quilt when I get home!



No comments:

Post a Comment