August 22, 2005

Short rows

I haven't really made much knitting progress.  I'm knitting a Debbie Bliss fair isle yoked baby sweater, but I'm just starting the color work, so not too exciting to look at just yet.



I'm also at the point of starting shoulder shaping for my NBaT.  I don't want to do the stair-steppy bind offs that I find so hard to seam, so I followed directions from Nonaknits (scroll to her April 8 entry) and made 3 swatches to try out the 3 different short row techniques that she describes.  Let me tell you, her instructions could not have been more precise.  The swatches were fun to do and I really liked being able to compare the techniques.  I like the look of the Japanese short rows the best.  I hope I can figure out how to do my shoulders using this technique, but with Nona's help, I think I should be able to.



I also finally finished the quilt that's been up on my design wall since I returned from my retreat in April.  The sewing rows together and then borders is my least favorite part of quilting (well, that and machine quilting!).  But it's done and now I can start my next project!  Pictures soon, maybe tomorrow....



No comments:

Post a Comment