October 24, 2005

Countdown to Takeoff...

I leave Thursday for Atlanta - going to visit my dad and for my stepsister's wedding.  I will miss the kids terribly, though I am looking forward to a few grown-up days away.  And quite nervous about flying by myself.  It's been 7 years since I've flown anywhere, and never by myself.  Too late to turn back now!



I spent the weekend trying to cram in as much Supermom Fun as I could.  I baked 4 dozen cupcakes and decorated them with mummy faces and spiderwebs.  I did mountains of laundry and cleaned bathrooms and floors.  Hopefully it will remain clean until my return, but I'm not counting on it!



I still haven't quite decided what knitting to bring with me, or if I will even get a chance to knit while I am there.  I do have a lot of "airport time" so I'll need a good book, or magazines or SOMETHING.



I'm halfway through with the Interlocking Balloons scarf.  Using aran weight yarn instead of DK was a mistake in that I didn't order enough yarn.  I have 5 balls and 4 got me to the halfway point.  I have another 3 balls headed to me from Jimmy Beans, and fingers will be crossed that the dye lots match or at least are not too different.  This inexpensive scarf project is now costing me a fortune.  Grrrr....



No comments:

Post a Comment