March 1, 2006

Quilt progress - not so much

Pink2 I'm kind of stuck, not completely happy with how these 2 quilts in progress are turning out.  Well, first I found out that my stepsister is having a boy, not a girl, so one of the pink quilts will not be for her.  I've decided I'll keep one and give the other to my daughter's kindergarten teacher at the end of the year.



I had a couple of different fabrics in mind to use for borders, both in light pink colors and they looked completely awful.  It really needs something calming, because the quilt is so busy.  I think something darker, more red or dark pink like what I put next to it in this photo, but also I think it needs to be more plain than either of these fabrics.  So I have a couple of things ordered.  I just hate having to have so much extra fabric around.  <sigh>



Figs2 I put my Buttercream & Figs quilt back on my design wall with the new setting squares.  I like the new color squares, but I still didn't really like the overall effect of the quilt, shown here.  Then it dawned on me to try the dark brown fabric in place of the gold fabric for the outside edges and it looks AWESOME!  I didn't get a picture of it yet, but take my word for it - it really sets the quilt off and frames it beautifully.  Now I'm loving this one and can't wait to get it together.



1 comment:

  1. Bummer that your stepsister is having a boy! I love the 2nd quilt progress. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete