April 2, 2007

Major progress, but I can't show you!

I have less than 2-1/2 rows left to go on my Allemande quilt.  But the rows are too big for my design wall, so as I complete each one, I drape it over my sewing table.  It will be a huge surprise for me to see the overall effect of the rows put together.  I am really loving the process and the look of the blocks as they are going together into rows.  I can't wait to see how it looks when it all comes together, and to be able to share it with you!  SOON!



3 comments:

  1. I get so excited at the end of a project, can't wait to see pics.
    Oh, and HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading your post about duds.... I'm sure we've all had them, those quilt tops that just scream no to us. I don't think I can keep giving the same family members quilt after quilt. Plus I just love to stitch and there just isn't enough family to go around, so to solve my problem I decided that I'll continue stitching and donate the ones that don't talk to me. I recently discovered Quilts of Valor so have decided that some will go there, plus one of the online groups I'm in donates quilts to battered women centers. This solves my problem of being suffocated with quilts, but still allows me the pleasure of stitching, plus it gives warmth and love to others who may not normally receive it. Just my 2 cents worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it done... And, if you ever want info about donating quilts to my office- send me an email and I'll let you know all about us... I think we'd be right up your alley :-)

    ReplyDelete