September 18, 2007

Trail Mix

To look at this pattern, well, it simply lacks appeal (in my opinion).  BUT, the owner of our shop made this out of beautiful pink and blue florals and it is displayed on the wall directly across from the cutting counters.



It truly is a beautiful quilt, and the blended style floral fabrics Julie used make the pattern seem much more sophisticated than just big strips and huge 9-patch blocks.  We've been sold out of the kits for months, but since this quilt is hung so prominently in the shop, we often have customers asking for kits or buying the pattern.



Trailmix So it happened on this particular rainy Sunday afternoon that a customer was debating making it out of flannel basketball fabrics for her son who just accepted a job as a high school basketball coach.  I looked at the pattern with a fresh eye, and spied a beautiful floral print from Moda's Seaside Rose collection (I can't believe we still had some!)   Well, it was a slippery downhill slope from there.  Add to the mix coworkers who are only too happy to HELP you pick out coordinating fabrics, and I came home with this beautiful stack.



A quilt store is a very dangerous place for someone with a serious fabric addiction and very little self control.  A very dangerous place!



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful selection of fabric - will be a gorgeous quilt. For me????
    There's that 'paycheck exchange program' working again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me something I don't know about working at a quilt store! LOL
    Your fabric will make the pattern sing! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be one beautiful quilt! I love those fabrics. The pattern looks like something I could handle too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- I still haven't made a dent in the fabric I bought while working in an LQS- over 4 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It maybe be slippery, but what a fun ride! Wheeeee! :-) Great choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine if I worked in a quilt shop I would be going down the same slippery slope! :-) Nice fabrics by the way. I am quilting a quilt made with some of the Seaside Rose fabrics right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could never work at a quilt shop or fabric store. I'd end up going into debt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, this I have to see. Remember what Sara said when I announced I was making a Snowball Block quilt? I can't wait to see what you do with this one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw Lisa! I KNOW you're going to make that for moi, right? How cute is that pattern? The simple patterns are the most fun, I think - you can do so much with them.
    You go girl!! That so-called "self control" goes out the window when faced with creativity every time!!

    ReplyDelete