December 24, 2007

Blended Quilt, Week 3 update

Week3I was finally able to make some progress on my floral quilt. Here is the result of sewing since I got my machine back on Friday - 12 new star blocks! I now have 22 made. The original pattern calls for just 17 and I am going to end up with 29, so I will have to reconfigure to make my quilt larger, but it should all work out perfectly, assuming there are no more stinker blocks.



Check in with Nicole, Perry and Cindy.  to see how their quilts are coming along. It may have been a little nuts to start a challenge project during this busy time of year, but it appears like these gals have met the challenge head on!



I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family and having a nice celebration. The kids are bouncing off the walls waiting for Santa. I hope they like what he did for them this year. Merry Christmas everyone!



10 comments:

  1. Your progress is amazing! I like the use of directional fabric in the lower right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this. I have these blocks I made - I thought I was making mud with them - but now I'm learning they're blended. I'll have to show you sometime.
    Thanks for taking the time during the holiday to post.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful! A very Merry Christmas to you and your family! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! Merry Christmas, my friend. I hope you have a wonderful day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I wanted to pop in and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and my 2008 be filled with joy, beauty and plenty of quilting!
    Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are gorgeous and your quilt is going to be wonderful. It will be like sleeping under a blanket of spring flowers. I am so proud of all of us. We are actually getting something accomplished quilting wise during this insanity that the Christmas season has become. I hope you and your family have the Merriest Christmas ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. That is coming along beautifully! I can't believe how much you have gotten done. I better get cracking! I love the way your fabrics are blending. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is looking lovely. The fabrics are a beautiful choice for the pattern - can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those blocks are absolutely beautiful!! I think you've outdone yourself, Lisa! I'm glad your beloved machine is back, and you're sewing again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with your blended quilt! Your choice of fabrics is outstanding, can't wait to see the progress...

    ReplyDelete