June 23, 2008

New Project

First, I would like to thank all of you who offered me such lovely words of comfort about my grandmother.   I apologize for not thanking each of you individually.   It's just too painful right now.  I hope you understand how much I appreciate all your kind thoughts, though.



40t



After an incredibly busy 2 weeks, I am finally back at my sewing machine.   My new project is using a Moda fabric designed by 3 Sisters called Portobello Market, which won't be in stores until September.  I'm using a FQ bundle my quilt shop owner got at Market to make a shop sample.



The pattern is also new - it's called 4OT and is designed by my very talented and creative friend, none other than the heart and soul behind Miss Rosie's Quilt Company - Carrie Nelson.  I emailed Carrie asking for her advice about a pattern of hers that would be suited to this line of fabrics and she showed me this one that she designed around the very same fabrics.  The pattern will be in stores soon, but I got a special advance copy so I could get started right away, and I'm enjoying the new design very much.



There will be some larger stars that surround these 12" blocks in gorgeous reds and darker blues.   And alternate blocks with a smaller 9-patch inside a square on point.   Stay tuned to see my progress on this beauty!



12 comments:

  1. You got a good start and it's looking great. Another great Carrie pattern, what can I say???
    Nancy in WI

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a great quilt pattern as usual. Ms Rosie always comes through doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to work with new fabrics using a new pattern all before they hit the streets . . . I love the looks of both already *s*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sorely tempting me with this one, Lisa. I was just going through my patterns and telling myself that I didn't need any more. But, I think that this will have to come and live with me. I LOVE stars and MISS ROSIE (i.e. Carrie) *s*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely stars and lovely fabrics....I hope your sewing soothes your soul at this difficult time...still thinking of you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like a killer pattern! It reminds me of the Stella Blue one I did. Big stars and little stars, some with four patch centers. You and I are living parallel lives. Just wait til you see what I have been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it does look like Stella blue! Mom would be finishe dwith her star pattern except she spent all of the UFO on Sunday helping me sew Parisian tank tops to wear on my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruh roh. Karen thinks maybe she might have to have somebody stop ME! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I am super excited to see how this quilt progresses! It is beautiful, Lisa! And, a new pattern from Miss Rosie's? Divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE IT! Doesn't get any better than a good star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pattenr and I love the fabric too. I'll be sure to check back to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete