September 22, 2008

Happy Fall!

I love Fall - I'd have to say it's my favorite time of year.  Just the weather to make you want to throw something in the crockpot and work on a quilt!


I don't have any progress to show for my weekend.  I'm working on a Halloween gift for my swap partner, so while I did finish it (except for the quilting), I can't show it quite yet.


We're all supposed to make Christmas stockings for the quilt shop where I work.  I chose a fun Alexander Henry cowboy fabric and plan to make mine with suede-like fringe at the cuff.  But I haven't started my stocking, so I can't show that.


I finished the binding on my 4OT/Portobello Market quilt and dropped it off at the shop on Thursday.  I hope they get it up on display and when they do, I will snap a photo, but for now, I've got nothing.


Doing the binding in 2 days really did a number on my shoulder - that old rotator cuff injury flares up at the most unexpected times.  This is not good news, as I have about 6 quilts that need bindings.  My buddy at the quilt shop, Liz, agreed to a barter - she's going to sew a binding for me in exchange for some fat quarters.   This may be a good solution.



10 comments:

  1. That is *sew* cool. I will barter anyday with you. I love doing the bindings. I love to sit in front of the TV and hand stitch it down to the back. If you ever need any help, just let me know. Fall is also my absolute favorite time of year. However, here in FL, we do not really have a fall, per se. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to barter. Definitely a win/win *s* Happy Fall~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barter? Barter? I didn't know that was an option. I guess I should rethink my -so far- failing efforts to thief! hee hee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no other time of the year that I love as much as fall. I love the quilt from you last post. I ordered the magazine. Thanks for sharing that!
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Bartering is a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good solution to me. Wonder if I can find someone around here to trade out this chore with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I wish I could find someone here that I could give FQ's to put bindings on, I hate that job. Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I also love Fall. Going to start getting out the fall decorations next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan to stay home both days this weekend and spend 12 hours each day in my sewing room! I will get something accomplished if I have to barricade the door!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, are you in Barbara's Halloween swap? I think I'm makign my swap partner a tabel runner... but I haven't started yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see all the great projects you've been creating, Lisa. I'm sorry your nasty injury is flaring up again. I think your idea of a barter is an excellent one.

    ReplyDelete