February 22, 2010

Productive!

Cw2 It was a beautiful weekend in the Seattle area - blue skies, sun, about 60 degrees.  And 2 whole days without working - blissfull!  I was able to make great progress on my Civil War Homefront quilt.  I'm trying to get the sample ready in time for the quilt show in March.   It looks like I will succeed.  I have the last 5 blocks ready to sew and they don't take long, so maybe this week I can start to put the blocks together with the alternate blocks and setting triangles.


Little Missy's birthday is next weekend, so even though I have another weekend free from work, I will be busy with a slumber party, birthday celebration and a houseguest.  This may have to be put on the back burner for a week.


Bowl I also made progress on another challenge - making 752 four patches out of 1-1/2 inch honey bun strips.  I'm definitely making a dent in it!



13 comments:

  1. I like the fabrics you used in your quilt. Soft looking and not too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the civil war quilt. Oh man, 752 4 patches. *faints* You can do it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the CW stars! And the cute 4 patch bowl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great, what are you making out of the 4 patches? Can't wait to see that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that's a lot of 4-patches from honey bun strips...I love working with that size strips...especially when I don't have to cut them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt blocks! And that collander of little 4-patches is adorable. But not as adorable as your new header! You're all new and fresh for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Civil War Homefront is coming along great...752 four patches...OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric choices. It looking great. I need to get me some Civil War and start a quilt. I have one floating in my head that I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've accomplished so much. The civil war blocks look perfect! I too am curious about those cute little 4 patch blocks.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since I love love love little strips I have to comment first on the 752 4 patches. How fun is that? My friend, you know, I have to say... those are worthy of in-the-dark-of-night-thiefin'. Not to say I don't love stars!!! OMG I do. Just don't have room in my dark theft bag. hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilt is beautiful! I love the block... I loved your Toulouse also! I might have to squeeze that one in & make it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - you sure have been busy since I've been gone, Lisa! I'm SO going to miss the quilt show this year! I love your "new look" and the Civil War Homefront quilt is gorgeous! Have fun at the show and think of me....
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete