June 22, 2010

Anna's in da house!

IMG_0388 Or more accurately, Anna Elizabeth is ON the house, since I tacked her up on my garage door to get a photo.   This is my version of Carrie Nelson's wonderful Elizabeth pattern (also available in her new book, Spice of Life Quilts).


I knew when I saw the small version in a magazine using these fabrics, that I had finally found a use for my Anna's Starry Nights yardage.  This is an old Moda group by Blackbird Designs and I loved every minute of making this quilt.


I didn't have enough of the backgrounds from the collection, so the blocks are made with a Lakehouse fabric.   But I realized that I did have bits and pieces enough of the collection's backgrounds to make the setting triangles.  I like how it brings in more of the beautiful fabric to frame the quilt.


Thanks, Carrie, for another wonderful quilt pattern - every piece fit together with absolutely no fussing.   Always tried and true!



18 comments:

  1. Lisa, Anna Elizabeth is just gorgeous in Starry Nights! What a pattern, she looks so beautiful in many different ranges. Love your points, how I hope that one day I will be able to piece like you. Smiles from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna's Starry Nights was wonderful, wasn't it? This is beautiful! I just looked through your quilt album....you have made some lovlies. Where can I sign up to be your children's teacher/speech therapist? (I am a speech therapist, but have never received a quilt!!!) Wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fantastic, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is sooo beautiful..Now I really have to make one!! :)And what a perfect fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Your Anna Elizabeth quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on a beautiful job ~ you did good, girl!
    And just so you know, you know that I named the quilt after my grandmother, Elizabeth. And in one of those quirky "imagine that" kind of coincidences, my grandmother's younger sister, my mother's godmother, was named Anna. I think it was meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Lisa! Wasn't this pattern wonderfully fun to work on? And fabric doesn't get any better than Anna's Starry Night. I cannot wait to get my version of the quilt back from the quilter. I wonder where you will display yours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!! I love this pattern and I just NEEEEED to make it!
    Sigh... I just need to have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top is amazing, wonderful job!! I don't think you could have come up with a better combination of fabrics. Those blocks made out of that Lakehouse fabric are perfect! I agree with Sandy, I've got to make the time to make this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want one just like it!! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your version...I can't wait to make this pattern...purchased the magazine after you started sharing this quilt on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's a beauty! Carrie's patterns are just exceptional and I love your choice of fabrics: This one is on my to do list too!
    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Lisa! I love the look of the alternating green and burgundy star blocks and the outer pink and green HSTs. Your garage door makes a perfect quilt easel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that little quilt and the fabric was always a favorite of mine. I also like that you added in the Lakehouse fabric. Very pretty! Nancy in WI

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your version, Elizabeth is one of my favorite quilts to piece. Carries Pattern really are great!! I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful, Lisa! The colors remind me of the current Blackbird line, Garden Party. Love how your garage door is your design wall. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete