August 12, 2012

Last Week in Rehab

Thanks to Sinta for encouraging me (and many others) to work on some block of the month projects.  I really wanted to finish my 2010 FQS Designer Mystery BOM, especially after seeing Sinta's pictures of her quilt.

I only had 4 blocks to finish and they were already cut out!  No more excuses!

But there was one block I wasn't fond of and I tried to figure out something seasonal that I could add that wasn't already represented in the designer's blocks.  How about a cardinal?  On top of a tree?   I think he turned out pretty cute.   I know he needs a beak, but maybe I will applique some wool or do some embroidery.

I'm happy to say that all 12 blocks are finished!   Next up, putting the quilt together and start working on the 2011 FQS Designer Mystery BOM!

7 comments:

  1. Love your cardinal...he's a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Lisa! Look at Sherri 's- A Quilting Life- blog for how she set her blocks, the best I've seen!

    Love the Cardinal on the trees.

    I hope you can get this one finished and quilted in time for Christmas, wouldn't that be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks and that little cardinal is adorable!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your Cardinal block is perfect! And wonderful... except now I'm wondering which block you didn't do. Hmmm... I'll be curious to see when you finish the quilt.

    I'm with Thelma - here's hoping you get it quilted and bound by Christmas. I know you will. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!!!! Definitely get that sucker ready for Christmas! I LOVED having mine out last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your cardinal! I think embroidery would be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on completing the blocks. I love the fabric in these blocks. Your cardinal block looks pretty great, I don't know that I could be that creative to come up with a block on my own.

    ReplyDelete