April 14, 2013

Hat Trick

I'm finally getting my energy back after my bout with pneumonia.  I was happy to learn the April pattern for Another Year of Schnibbles was Hat Trick - it was one I hadn't made yet.

I used Paint Box fabrics by Laundry Basket Quilts for Moda, both the batiks and regular prints.  I finished all the 9 patches last weekend, but didn't have fabric for the setting squares or triangles.  The charm packs did not have enough light fabrics to use for that.  Seeing it on my design wall, I was anxious to get it finished, so I started pulling some tan backgrounds from my various Jo Morton collections and I like how they worked with the Paint Box prints.  I think I will leave it square like this, without adding a border.  Edited to add:  I will end up adding borders to this because I'm gifting it to my Mom and she needs something a little larger.  I just have to wait for the Paint Box yardage to show up in stores!

There's still time to join in on the Schnibbles fun!  Visit Sinta at Pink Pincushion or Sherri at A Quilting Life and get all the details.  And if you don't have the pattern yet, you can buy it and download it instantly from the fabulous designer, Carrie Nelson - just go here to her online shop.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better--and I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news on feeling better!!!!! Love your Hat Trick!!! I am never brave enough to take the plunge, but I love the look of combining batiks and reproductions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are getting your energy back! Mom's aren't suppose to get sick you know! ha
    I love the look of your quilt. Those Paintbox fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty. So happy to know you're up and at it again. …so shocked to read you didn't have enough fabric. I have to log this day on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand all about how pneumonia can mess you up. I lost almost the entire month of March from work due to it.

    Glad to hear that you are back on your feet and getting work done. It is a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it Lisa! I like how you combined batiks with Jo and other fabric. Glad you're feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete