March 30, 2005

Knitting Injury?

My right wrist is really hurting.  I think too much knitting with the bulky yarn is the culprit.  Thank goodness I'm almost done with the Oregon Tote.  I am ready to start the i-cord bind-off... after I've acquired a pair of size 11 double pointed needles, that is.



Tomorrow afternoon I leave for my guild's spring quilt retreat.  The group does this twice a year and I usually go in the fall but not spring because it almost always coincides with my twins' birthday.  This year the timing was good, though, so my sis-in-law and I are going.



My quilting has really fallen by the wayside since I started knitting a few months ago, so it's been really hard for me to decide which quilt projects to take with me to work on.  I have one set of quilt blocks that just needs to be sewn together, so that quilt is almost done.  That will be my first project.  The second project will be a scrappy quilt made with these fabrics.  And the third project (time permitting) will be one with a variety of Asian print fabrics that I've been collecting.  I'll be sure and post pictures of the quilts when I return.



It'll be a fun 4 days of sewing, laughing, great food, staying up WAY too late, no family responsibilities and good sister-in-law bonding.   I'm taking a couple of boxes of fabric for the "sewing room sale" table.  The past 2 retreats, I've made enough to finance my entire weekend by selling fabrics I've decided I won't ever use.  It's funny how tastes change so much in such a short period of time.  Anyway, if I can make a few bucks selling my fabrics to other stashaholics, so much the better!  I'm hoping I will sell more than I spend... there is always that danger!





1 comment:

  1. I know you will have a great time at the retreat! I can't wait to see the quilts you come back with. :)

    ReplyDelete