November 15, 2005

Back, with pictures!

I had a wonderful time at my quilt retreat.  A few problematic people in our workroom, but that happens virtually every time.  We were able to make the best of it, as always.  I also had great success with my sales items, and came home with $360, which is the most ever, and I think I brought the least amount of stuff this time!  I did bring several kits, though, and that really adds up.  I had people asking me if I had more that I hadn't put out yet, so they obviously like what I bring!  Now, if I only stop buying stuff I feel so-so about, I wouldn't have so much to sell.



Hk1 Anyway, I don't feel like I accomplished as much as the last retreat, but I was able to finish my daughter's massive Hello Kitty quilt.  It took me 2 full days to finish, so there was not time for much else.  She loves it though, and with the money from selling, I will have it quilted soon.  I need to find a new quilter, though, and that's not easy to put your trust into someone like that.  My last quilter really screwed up the last 2 quilts I gave her, and although my SIL still uses and likes her, I have lost all trust in her.



Hk2 So here is Hello Kitty.  It turned out 75" x 65".  I don't think I will be making another PINK quilt any time soon!









Blocks This is the other quilt I worked on.  Three blocks completed out of 15 or 16 (can't remember how many I cut).  These colors will look awesome in my living room.  It's a complicated block, but I really love how it is turning out.



Scarf_1 And finally, I finished and gifted the Interlocking Balloons scarf.  The friend I gave it to LOVED it!  And the good news is that I have enough yarn left over to make myself a scarf.  Love that Rowan Cashsoft!





No comments:

Post a Comment