November 17, 2005

Kickboxing can be hazardous to your health

Between my rib injury, going to Atlanta and going to my quilt retreat, I have missed a lot of classes in the last month or so.  So I went Tuesday night.  Very soon after the warm up, we were doing kicks and I stepped backwards, landed hard on my left foot and felt my calf muscle go "pop" - OMG I was in agony!  We immediately elevated and iced it for about 30 minutes.  Then I hobbled home and iced it some more and popped some ibuprofen.



Wednesday morning it was very painful, so I stayed home from work.  But after icing and more ibuprofen, the pain has subsided somewhat, although the calf is tender and stairs are difficult.



My instructors said "We're sorry we keep hurting you."  I think I need to take a little break from all the jumping put and down, but I hope to get back kickin' very soon.  I miss it!



No comments:

Post a Comment