I started the Fickle Fingers scarf from the latest Interweave Knits magazine, using the yarn called for in the pattern. After a few false starts, I'm almost through my first ball of yarn. I bought 3 rather than 2 in order to make it a little longer or wider.
I first cast on 19 stitches as the pattern directs, but after a couple of inches, decided it was too narrow. So I cast on again with 29 stitches and decided after a couple of inches that it was too wide and too dense. So I restarted with larger needles (size 10) and 23 stitches and it seems just about right. Except the yarn isn't striping like it did in the magazine photo. I still like it, though, and it couldn't be easier.
Photo tomorrow, as my camera battery croaked this morning trying to get a decent shot of it!