February 23, 2006

Two quilts!

It dawned on me yesterday on my way to work that my stepsister is expecting her first baby sometime this summer.  I thought what a great quilt gift the pink one would be if she has a girl.  Then, in talking to my girlfriend about being torn whether to give the pink quilt to DD's teacher, my stepsister, or keep it, she said "Why don't you make 2 smaller quilts?"  The girl is a genius!



With a 6" outer border, I'll end up with 2 quilts that are 44 x 62 - perfect size for a baby quilt and a thank you gift!  I only have 4 blocks left to sew and then the 2 pinkies will be ready to go together.  I did have to order more of the stripe for the inner border, so hopefully that will arrive soon.



Yesterday at the quilt store in downtown Seattle, I stopped by to get this cute Michael Miller My Valentine fabric for the back of the quilts.  I had a credit from filling out my punch card on my last visit, so my backing cost me just $1.50 out of pocket - SWEET!



While at the shop, I saw the new Moda line - Johnny & Buck - the sweetest cowboy fabrics ever!  I think I might have to buy some of those too and make a baby boy quilt, just in case!  ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment