February 13, 2006

Why do I have to work?

Oh yeah, to support my fabric junkie ways....  I sure wish there was some way around that!  I have so many ideas swirling through my head, I'd like to be able to just stay home and work on quilts all day!



Yesterday I finished all the blocks for my Magic Star quilt made using my collection of Asian print fabrics.  My quilt will be wider than the one pictured here because I felt those proportions looked "off."  I saw this finished quilt at my guild's retreat last April.  I already had my quilt cut out, and seeing it cemented my resolve to make it my next quilt project.



The resolve didn't last a heck of a long time, though.  This is the most boring quilt in the whole, wide world.  I had it up on my design wall 3 times and took it down to work on something else, but I finally made myself finish it.  Well, I finished the blocks, anyway.  I still have about 6 rows of blocks to sew together - I hate that part too!  lol



When I'd taken Magic Star down from my design wall, I put up my Buttercream and Figs quilt to check the layout.  I decided that I wanted to do a square quilt instead of the 3 block by 5 block quilt that I was planning.  So I had to cut out an additional block last night, but I like the 4x4 layout much better for this quilt.



And as I was lying in bed last night, I had a great idea for some heart-shaped appliques of the Valentine quilt that will be next up in the rotation.  Fun stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment