March 12, 2006

One down!

Hearts1 I finished attaching borders to the first of my pink and red Valentine quilts.  After removing the border and cutting, I found the pieces I'd previously sewn on were at least 1/2" bigger than the quilt.  No wonder it was wavy!



I did notice after I sewed the first side border on that I attached it upside down (the hearts are a directional print - click the second picture and you'll see for yourself), but - you know what? - I'm not ripping that sucker again.  Let's see if anyone notices...




Hearts2








Buck1 I also worked up 2 test blocks with the Moda Johnny & Buck fabrics for the baby quilt I'm planning for my stepsister.  These blocks will go together with the dark triangles forming a pinwheel in the middle and also in the sashing.  I like the way it looks so far, but I'm waiting on more of the brown horseshoe fabric so I can cut the rest of the blocks out.



Buck2





1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, that pink quilt is stunning! Love the brown quilt too. Gorgeous, gf!

    ReplyDelete