April 24, 2006

Finally, some pictures

Babyquilt I finished sewing the blocks together for the first of my Johnny & Buck quilts.  I have to make one border to finish off the pinwheels in the corners and where each 4 blocks come together, but that requires math and my brain wasn't working for that yesterday.  But here it is at this stage.

Odessa And I figured I should post some knitting progress, lest I get kicked out of the knitblog ring!  Here is my second Odessa hat.  The first has gotten so much wear by my daughter, it's not really that attractive.  I used a too-large needle and it's quite stretched out.  But I like this one better, anyway.  I finally got the hang of the beading, and all of these beads made it to the right side, whereas some on my first ended up on the back side.

Rickrack Also, I'm working on the handles of a rick rack bag using brown Malabrigo wool and an orange for the trim, and hopefully I'll be able to find some orange rick-rack to finish it off.


  1. Gorgeous Odessa hat and bag! Love the colors. :D Your quilt is looking perfect!

  2. I just discovered your blog and have been looking through your archives at all the incredible quilts you've made. What beautiful work you do! I love the one featured in this post. Your points look gorgeous. I like that you were able to get so much contrast even with the horseshoe pattern on your background print. It all works really well. I did this pattern recently and mine was rather muddled. I enjoy seeing it done so successfully! Thanks for your nice comment on my baby quilt. Go NW quilters!