June 2, 2006

I'm back in business!!!

I got my sewing machine back yesterday and she's purring like a kitten again.  I only got to do a little bit of chain sewing on my red/black quilt pieces.  I was busy last night baking a cake for the cake walk at the kids' school carnival tonight.



This weekend I will be putting the binding on my daughter's teacher's quilt so I can get that finished - the school year is just screaming by!  Soon they will be out for summer vacation - unbelieveable.



I'd also like to piece the backing for my stepsister's baby quilt so I can get that to the quilter in the next week or so.  Her baby is due at the end of July, so I do have a little time.



Sorting through my stash this weekend and being only able to dream about quilting, I came up with another project that I would like to make.  I saw a beautiful white and orange quilt on someone's blog and would like to make something along those lines.  I wanted to do kind of a buzz saw looking block, and going through my pattern stash, found one I really liked - Zuzu's Petals by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company (who else?).  This will be another 'make from the stash' quilt, made from white, cream and orange and very scrappy.



June 2006 will be my month of BUY NOTHING.  I already made it through one day, and even that was tough!  lol



No comments:

Post a Comment