July 31, 2006

Feeling giddy!

About the progress made on my red, black & cream quilt!  I have more than half of the center sewn together, and now that I've got an assembly line system going, it is happening really fast!  I only have 4 more rows to complete!



There are 3 borders around the center - first a row of black & cream half square triangles.  Next, a border of 2-1/2 x 5 inch strips of red, then a second border of the red strips, offset so they don't line up.  I am thinking I will cut more of my red stash and make the final border wider than the 2-1/2 inches.  I always like to have extra border so I can square the quilt up after the longarm quilter does her thing.



I didn't add extra fabric to the border of the baby quilt I just finished because I just did not want to buy any more fabric, and I regret that I didn't do it.  So I'll go back to my comfort zone and make this one bigger.  That means more cutting to do - good thing I like cutting!



I should have the center finished by the weekend, so look for a photo update soon!



1 comment: