July 14, 2006

Lame Blogger!

Yes, I'm lame - in more ways than one....  I haven't posted in forever because I haven't made much progress on my red, cream & black quilt (the most boring piecing EVER) AND because I re-injured my shoulder!  The pain is excruciating - worse than ever.  I was feeling so much better, was even able to take several long rides on the bike trail without pain over the 4th of July weekend, so I tried a river fitness class (water aerobics working against a river current - fun, fun class!!!) and had the audacity to lift a ONE POUND weight over my head!  One pound, people!  The doctor scolded me and said no lifting, no raising arm over head, no exercise classes.



I am so sad.  Back to square one.  Actually, back 3 steps BEHIND square one.  :(   The pain is incredible.



I have already decided I am not going to attempt the triathlon in August, as much as it saddens me to drop out, my health is more important than achieving that particular goal right now.  And I'm struggling with a new job at work and it's made even harder by the constant pain.  I just need to take care of me for right now.



1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the triathalon, but that is the right decision. Hey, if you can't lift your arms over your head, how do you shampoo? ;-)

    ReplyDelete