August 8, 2006

Run for the borders!

I decided I would cut and assemble all 3 borders before I start attaching them to the red quilt.  I think it will speed things up that way.  I have the first border of half-square triangles all assembled.  I have the 2 long sides of the second border assembled and the short sides won't take much time at all.  And I have all the pieces for the final border cut, grouped and ready to assemble - all the fabric choices are made, so it shouldn't take me long at all to get these puppies on my quilt!  Maybe I will finish this weekend?  Stay tuned!



I really want to put flannel backing on this quilt, but since I am making it larger than planned, the piece I have will no longer fit.  I did find a really great flannel that is red flames and I think would be very cute with this quilt.  In light of my August "no buy" commitment, and also because the store where I saw the fabric always has 25% off all fabric on holidays, I will wait until Labor Day - September 4 - to make the purchase, then I can't wait to get this one to my quilter to see what she can do with it!



2 comments:

  1. Oh I can hardly wait to see this quilt with it's borders - drop dead gorgeous, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa D. Found your blog through your comment on my blog. It's nice to "meet" another quilter from my neck of the woods. I grew up in north Seattle - just north of Northgate shopping mall. My mother lived in Edmonds for many years. Been through Lynnwood probably a million times or more in my life.
    I've enjoyed getting to know you a little better by perusing your blog from the beginning. I've subscribed to it through Bloglines so I can keep up with your corner of the quilting world.

    ReplyDelete