January 21, 2007

You'll have to take my word for it

I made huge progress on my orange quilt this weekend, but for lack of photographic evidence, you'll just have to take my word for it. I finally mustered up the courage to attempt the mitered borders. I measured and attached the borders to all 4 sides. The lengthwise and crosswise measurements were actually the same - perfectly square as the pattern intended! The borders all went on without any stretching or puckering, and I'm now ready for the mitering step. I'll take a deep breath and attempt them tomorrow.



Stay tuned!!!



2 comments:

  1. I have done mitred borders and I found that the most crucial thing is that the quilt corners be perfectly square. If they are the mitres work perfectly and if they aren't, no ammount of fiddling will make them right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had good instructions, it shouldn't have been too bad. How did it go?

    ReplyDelete