April 17, 2007

Fraternal Twins

Twinz1 Twinz2 These are the baby quilts I made at the second guild retreat I ever attended back in November 1996.  I was expecting my twins at the time, and actually just made one of these bright quilts.  The other quilt was a very demure blue sampler quilt and the consensus of my fellow retreaters was that I'd have one serene and one hyper baby, so I decided I'd go for two overstimulated babies!  I made the second bright one after I got home and ended up giving the blue sampler to my nephew who was born a few months after my boys.



I used Sharyn Craig's Twist and Turn method of setting the blocks and some wonderful hand-dyed fabrics sold by one of my fellow guild members.  I remember spending a lot of time at the bathroom sink trying to get the excess dye out before setting the fabrics into my quilt!



6 comments:

  1. How perfect for twins! Lovely bright baby quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such bright and cheerful quilts! I love the topsy turvy effect! I have such wonderful memories of there being a baby in the family, and how we would put the baby on a quilt in the middle of the living room, and all sit around and just enjoy watching the little thing coo and kick and chortle. Ten times better than TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Good use of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts. Bet the babies will have hours of fun just looking at all the colors.

    ReplyDelete