April 30, 2007

Impatient

Pinkbrown

No, I'm not finished cutting my brown fabrics, but I got way too impatient and had to dive into constructing a couple of the Pinny 'n Pa blocks. It's a good thing I've seen nice photos of this quilt on other blogs and also a real, live sample hanging in a local quilt shop. These blocks do nothing for me! I know I will like them when they all come together, but these 4 together are so blah! Back to the cutting table so I can get more of the blocks together and hopefully improve the look.



I received the replacement border fabric for my Allemande quilt today. It's in the washing machine as we speak, so I hope to get those borders together sometime soon!



8 comments:

  1. I get impatient like that. But Lynda Hall's pattern is great. It's all going to come together, you'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's good to do a little preconstruction before cutting everything. Then again, it doesn't look all that blah to me, but I suppose it's whatever floats YOUR boat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! You have your border fabric and can wrap up Allemande!! Go Lisa!
    I like to make up a block ahead of time to see how things will go together too. After doing all the cutting you have finished so far with those pinks and browns, you deserve a little instant gratification to see what you will be dealing with. You will love it when it all goes together, you'll see. I feel the same way about my pink and brown project. Those stars are such a pain. I just left them sitting in their project box as punishment all weekend. That will teach em'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen that quilt anywhere, so I don't know what it will look like, but I like pink and brown, and I like these four blocks together.
    The orange quilt a couple of posts back, has beautiful quilting. When I clicked to enlarge, it showed up very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pink and brown! I'll be watching your progress as this is one of my favorite patterns. I have a huge pile of pinks and browns and just can't settle on a project. Yours will be fabulous, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm old school, I guess, but I quite like pink and brown. Looks pretty good to me. You go girl! And the "replacement" fabric - without holes, we hope.
    Marnbe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean by getting impatient. I often cut and sew at the same time. I like instant gratification and with some quilts that's nearly impossible. Keep on cutting and you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I have not seen that pattern before, but as Susan mentioend above, you can't beat pinks and browns, warm, sweet and charming. Be patient, it will turn out!

    ReplyDelete