September 14, 2010

Red Velvet

Red velvet No, this is not one of Thelma's cupcake review posts, although I do love a Red Velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing!   I recently got this quilt back from my longarm quilter.   I love the job she did with a feathered wreath inside each of the star blocks.


There's just something about a quilt that's been washed and dried and crinkled.   I just love the Rouenneries fabric from French General, I don't think I will ever get tired of them.   And that spark of Simple Abundance aqua?  And the striped binding?  LOVE IT.


Is it flattery when you copy the designer's pattern exactly, or just lack of imagination on my part?


Closeup The pattern is Red Velvet from the fabulous Thimble Blossoms designer, Camille Roskelley.  And I finished the quilt in a weekend at my guild retreat last November.



10 comments:

  1. it's stunning...and completely worth a 100% copy. i only wish that i'd bought the rouenneries when i had the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! I really like the effect on the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first French General finished project, Congratulations!! The first of many I imagine!! It's lovely, and the quilting, amazing! So much better than a generic all over design. That touch of blue in there is all you, Camille must have had you in mind when she designed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how that aqua border makes things sing! I love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gree with you Lisa! That aqua border is really a lovely element and wrapping it with that killer binding - it's got a symphonic sound to it. Lovvve it! Now as to the quilting - Whoa! Goodness I'm loving this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. The blue goes really well with the french general fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful quilt! Can't wait to see the finished versions of your quilts from Rockford and from our guild in St. Charles. Loved meeting you, Thelma, and Nicole. I'll be back to visit your blog again soon!
    Susan Strasser

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one beautiful quilt and one that I have on my list to do! I think that when something works for you --it works! Sometimes you can improve a pattern by your own choice of fabrics... but sometimes... it just calls to you the way it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very pretty. I have this pattern and have some Swell fabric that I've been hoarding. Must...cut...fabric...soon!

    ReplyDelete