January 20, 2014

Double Hubble!


I was lucky enough to have a 3-day weekend, and I also had Sunday off from the quilt shop.  I spent most of the day Saturday organizing my sewing room.  It was a disaster, but now is very tidy and inviting.  I love it so much when it's like this, why do I ever let it get to disaster stage in the first place?

After organizing, I was able to finish my second Hubble quilt.  This one the more simplified version using squares instead of half square triangles.  I think they both look amazing!  One will be a gift and one for me (the HST version).  They are both at the "run for the border" stage, so that's my next task.  After I finish that, I have a BABY BOY quilt to make for my niece.

Hubble is a great pattern from Carrie Nelson at Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  It's one of her Schnibbles and can be made with charm squares!  You need 102 charm squares and yardage for the background.  I made mine with a layer cake of Little Black Dress and a fat-eighth bundle of Little Black Dress 2 - both by Basic Grey for Moda fabrics and great neutrals for a striking quilt.  I used the LBD light grunge for my backgrounds.

I am absolutely LOVING using my older sewing machine again.  Perfect seam allowances.  Both my centers measure exactly 56-3/4" square.  OK, enough blabbing, I'm back to work on my borders.

5 comments:

  1. These are both just GORGEOUS! LOVE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These came out great in the LBD collections! Beautiful work Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Older machine"? Which one is that? As old as a Featherweight? Or just "not as new as your newest?" lol

    As for your quilts... I love them both! Little Black Dress is such a terrific collection. I think it looks better "made up" than it does on the bolt... if that makes sense. Some collections seem to be like that.

    Now hurry up and finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous quilts! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean sewing studio, perfect seam allowance, you are set for 2014 girlfriend, let the fun begin. You are off to great start. I've yet to see Little Black Dress in any pattern that I didn't love, but I never would have though to use it for Hubble, it's amazing. I love them both but the hst version wins by a nose. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete