February 1, 2014

Embargo, one month down!

How did I do?  I made it 31 days!  I bought some fabric for the baby quilt, which was my one exception to the no buying pledge.  Oh, how sorely I was tempted while shopping for navy blue and green.  I could just get a fat quarter of this.  Nope, not for the baby quilt!  No can do!

I succeeded!  No fabric except the purchases I allowed myself for the baby quilt.  And some of the fabric I did buy, I bought with a gift certificate at one shop and a store credit at another.

I can't say it was easy.  I work at a quilt store, for Heaven's sake, and every time I go to work, there are more beauties to tempt me (Flower Sugar!  Text fabrics!)  But so far, so good!

Check back soon to see my progress on the baby quilt.

1 comment:

  1. You did GREAT!! I did not. The stripey sock yarn took me down in January. It's a new month though and I plan to do much better. :)

    ReplyDelete