October 4, 2005

Costume - done!

I was finally able to finish my daughter's cheerleader costume on Saturday - what a relief.  I'm not sure what it is about this project that I didn't like, the color, the pattern, the way the fabric hangs... but I just did not enjoy it and am so relieved to be finished (well, except for hand sewing the IRON ON letter appliques to the front because they won't STICK).



While at the fabric store Saturday, seeing this adorable applique made me want to make a poodle skirt for my daughter - they have a sock hop at school every year.  So I found the perfect magenta pink wool felt and whipped the skirt up in a couple of hours.  It is adorable and should fit her for at least 2 years.  Now to sew on the applique and the sequined "leash" - a really fun project.



I also found out Sunday that we did get into our fall quilt retreat!  Outstanding!  I have two quilt projects I want to take to work on.  My hope is that I can finish a Hello Kitty quilt for my daughter.  I've been collecting various prints off ebay for a couple of years now and it's finally time to put them all together, I think.  I know she will love it, and it would be a nice surprise if I could come home with a finished quilt top for her.





No comments:

Post a Comment