July 28, 2006

Baby's here!

My new nephew - Logan Daniel - was born on Monday afternoon in Atlanta.  I guess that's the poke in the arm I need (oh but please, the right arm, not the left!) to get the binding stitched down onto his quilt this weekend so I can pop it into the mail next week.  I normally machine stitch the binding down using a decorative feather stitch on my machine when I think the quilt will get a lot of wear, but this is a special gift, so I'm thinking hand stitching is in order, even though it's one of my least favorite things to do.



Work is really progressing on my scrappy red, black & white quilt.  But to save from showing what looks like the same photo over and over and over, I will spare you that and post again when the center is all together.  It shouldn't be long, now that I've got a good piecing system in place!



My mind is whirring with trying to decide which project I want to start next, though, and that is the carrot dangling in front of me, prompting me to plug along and finish this boring, boring quilt!



No comments:

Post a Comment