July 26, 2006

This might rival labor pain...

I had my first treatment with the new doctor yesterday.  Ouch, ouch, ouch!  She thinks she can help me, but OMG, so much pain!  The active release technique uses a deep tissue massage to work the scar tissue out of your muscles, and my muscles are pretty badly scarred. :(

I actually cried during the treatment and I truly have a high pain threshold.  And today I have some really deep bruises... well at least it takes my mind off the shoulder pain!  I dread tomorrow's
treatment, which will be the massage on top of the bruises.  Ay-yi-yi....

And I'm paying out of my own pocket for this? Yes, I'm clearly insane....

Cross your fingers that it works!  I do have hope, and so does the doctor.



1 comment:

  1. I truly hope this does the trick. No pain, no gain? Your quilt looks so sweet. I'll look for the post after your next treatment to see how you are doing. I've fallen twice in the past month and Oh, does it hurt more when you get older. I can only imagine what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete