July 20, 2006

A glimmer of hope

I went to a lecture at REI yesterday on the topic of rotator cuff injuries (was this made for me, or what?)...  The speaker was a chiropractor who is also certified in a soft tissue treatment called Active Release Technique.  Now I have a chiropractor that I love and that is covered by my HMO, but he has told me that he can adjust my spine, but can't do anything for my shoulder (soft tissue) injury.



The doctor I met last night gave me great hope, although she is not in my HMO's network of doctors, either.  I am contemplating going to her for treatment anyway and just paying out of pocket.  If it helps, it would be totally worth it.



I did some investigating of other ART practioners and found one that is a licensed massage therapist and is covered under my HMO.  I need a referral for massage therapy, so my doctor agreed to put in the request for me.  Our last attempt to get approval for massage therapy when I was having migraines (years ago) was denied, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one will be approved.



At any rate, I have a little bit of hope now, and I'm excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment