August 14, 2006

Altogether now, 1-2-3

Lorindone I got all the borders finished on my red, black & cream quilt, so the monster top is now complete!  I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.  Now I just need to take the vacuum to my sewing room floor tonight because it is loaded with tiny bits of black, red and white threads.  I've never had a quilt shed so much, but I'm guessing because there are so many tiny pieces to this one.  I have threads on all of my clothing too, it seems, since my ironing pile is next to my ironing board.  My lint brush will get a workout as well!



Allemande Next up in the rotation is this quilt using Moda's Faded Memories line of fabrics.  The pattern is Allemande by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  I have all the smaller pieces assembled, I just need to arrange and sew the rows together.



I truly love the luxury of a having a whole design wall in my sewing room.  I love being able to lay out the pieces, and then when I ride my stationary bike in the morning before I go to work, I can look at the design and see where I need to move pieces.  Many pieces got moved after this morning's ride!





3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting patiently for the "reveal" of the black, white and red quilt - STUNNING!!!!!!
    And, Allemande with Faded Memories is going to be BEAUTIFUL.
    These are for ME???? teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, that's from some quilting magazine that i can't remember the name of, but it was on the cover and that's why i bought the magazine!! it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this quilt on the cover of my magazine and loved it!! Yours turned out very well!!

    ReplyDelete