November 27, 2006

I actually used to ENJOY this!

Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, found me:

1. Waking at 2 a.m. to nab a gift for my DD from Walmart.com

2. Getting back online at 3:30 a.m. because Walmart.com was down at 2 a.m.

3. Getting quite a bit of online shopping done prior to 5 a.m. (although the pivotal gift I've now learned may not be available after they already took and confirmed my order - damn you Walmart.com!)

4. Getting my kids and myself to the mall at 10:30 a.m. (traffic and crowds were NUTS - usually if I brave the mall I do it alone. I must have been insane to take 3 kids)

5. Home by 3:30 p.m. and in bed for a nap due to shopping exhaustion!



Saturday night found me coming down with a cold - my second already this season. Sunday it snowed a couple of inches here - the kids went out and played, made a snowman, then came in to eat lunch and it all melted away with the rain. I went out with my DD and ran a few errands, came home, napped because I was feeling so tired and achy, and woke up to another 4 inches of snow!



Today I called in sick - schools were closed because of the snow. The snow is mostly gone as of this afternoon and hopefully I can make it in to work tomorrow. NOT an ideal way to extend your long holiday weekend, for sure.



No quilting was accomplished either - so sad. :(



3 comments:

  1. Keep the snow there-it was 60 degrees in NH today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you are sick. Getting little sleep Friday didn't help much. =( I hope they have the item that dd wants. They better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, no another cold. Take good care of yourself. Don't push or you'll be down even longer!

    ReplyDelete