November 14, 2006

You might want to get your sunglasses

Zuzu Before looking at my latest WIP!  This is my ORANGE YA GLAD IT'S NOT RED quilt, made using the Zuzu's Petals pattern designed by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  The individual pattern for this seems to be out of print, but I believe it is still available in one of her quilt books.  Wow, it certainly is bright, but I love all the fun oranges I was able to find and use.



I also found the PERFECT fun border fabric, and pinned it up next to the quilt blocks on my design wall.  I'll save that picture for a future blog post once I get the blocks together and I need to shop this weekend for an inner border fabric to help separate the two elements.



I'd really like to attempt mitered corners for my borders - does anyone have a good source for instruction - book, video, website?  I've tried them before and have not been satisifed with the result, but I'd really like to give it a go again for this quilt, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate hearing them!



13 comments:

  1. beautiful quilt -- love the orange. so bright and cheery! i like mitered borders, and i do it like shown here: http://www.geocities.com/quiltfrenzy/miter.html
    or
    http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting/article/0,1789,HGTV_3298_1553029,00.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cool! I love the orange quilt top. That sewing machine you got was a real score too - sounds like you had fun at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! We have so many oranges here at the shop, one is new and has glitter on it! Wow! Pretty! If only I didn't have about seven projects going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitred Corners. Scroll past the straight. Pretty easy.
    Love the top. Orange has never been a favorite of mine, but that quilt could be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://heirloomquilts.com.au/tut/tutorial5.php
    Okay, we'll try it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That orange quilt is great! I just love bright colors, they are so fun. Good luck with the mitred corners, I haven't tried that yet. Can't wait to see your border choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent your blog url to my friend, Rosalind, who loves orange. She tried to post a message here, but couldn't. She wants you to know that she loves your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My only advice on mitred corners (I am far from expert) is to be sure the quilt corner is absolutely square. THen the mitres will work. If they are alwasy off it is probably that the quilt corner is not 90 degrees. Love the orange quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this quilt! The colors, the pattern, the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt!! I loved reading your blog..you are sure inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this quilt!!! i have been collecting 5.5" orange squares for a while for an orange charm quilt, but now I wannna make this one!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete