April 24, 2007

Among the first

Paws This bear paw quilt was my third quilt, although I consider it officially my second, because my real second got tossed after an unfortunate fabric bleeding incident (even though the fabrics were prewashed). This has always been one of my favorite traditional patterns and I still love it today, although I haven't yet made another bear paw. I used Debbie Mumm fabrics, even using some of the border prints in the sashing. I machine quilted in the ditch of the sashing strips and actually hand quilted around each bear paw. The quilting took me over a year to finish (I didn't work on it diligently, though). The quilt is twin size.



7 comments:

  1. Bet there are lots of memories with this quilt. It's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite quilt blocks too. It is so versitile in terms of working great with all kinds of different fabrics. Good old Debbie Mumm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I love bear paw, but have yet to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt block! Gosh, i wonder how many fabics you used it makes me want to start relaly collectin to add to my stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you own any Debbie Mumm books? Can you recommend one?

    ReplyDelete